oh, what can happen in a year!
Happy (almost) New Year! I can’t believe it’s already 2017!! Once October and November rolls around, the year really starts to fly by. It always surprises me how much can change in a year – this year especially. You can learn so much about yourself, who you want to be, what your goals are, and how you want to impact others; I sure have learned a ton in each of these areas. It’s amazing to learn more about yourself and when everything starts changing, it really forces you to take a step back and look at it all differently.
Since Christmas, I’ve been thinking and praying a lot to see what I want in this upcoming year and what I’ve really learned and how I’ve grown in 2016. The year ended completely differently than how it began or how I pictured it would end, but I am happy with where I am and where I’m going.
I’ve compiled a list of what I learned in 2016 and what my New Year’s resolutions are for 2017! I think this is the first actual time I’ve sat down and written out my goals for the year. I know goals can change or be added, but I want to accomplish and stick to my resolutions list this year for the first time.
Things I have learned in 2016 and want to continue in 2017
- Love without holding back
- Know the love I deserve and never settle for less
- Allow myself to breathe, to laugh, to dance
- Have confidence in my worth
- Let myself rest and take a break once in a while
- Being independent is good, but so is relying on others
- Be present – family and friends are more important than social media
- Allow myself to open up and be vulnerable with others, to trust fully without second thoughts
- Give grace to others and practice having grace for myself daily
- Never lose your sense of wonder in the world
New Years Resolutions
- Read five books
- Travel to two new places (Chicago and Austin I’m looking at you!)
- Don’t be scared to try taking on more responsibility with the foundation
- Step outside my comfort zone and gain more knowledge in the field I’m studying from other professionals
- Push myself in each and every workout
- Put my all into everything I do – whether it’s big like a design project or a new job with the foundation, or small like doing homework
- Start each day by listing three things I’m grateful for
- Spend time each day with God
- Have two internships or a job
- Drink more water!
I hope this year brings so many exciting new experiences for you all! Praying for it to be filled to the brim with joy and that through the hardship and struggles that come, you will never lose sight of yourself and what you bring to the table!!!